- The coolest new car in years, the Jaguar
XK8, now that Ford and Jaguar have designed a suitable entry to follow
the classic XKE.
- The best new computer for Web design or graphics, a SGI
O2. I don't do kludged MicroSquish architectures. The O2 has a unified
memory architecture, which means that you can use ALL of your RAM for
graphics if you need to, on the fly! The R10K is a blazing processor!
- A digital camera. The Casio
is cheapest and has some nice features but the Olympus
have better resolution and do standard JPG.
- Accessories for my HP 200 palmtop, like an AC adapter, a PCMCIA modem,
or better yet a cellular RadioMail modem
- A colorful silk bowtie to wear to formal parties.
- Tick Stuff
- A Nerf chain gun like the Razorbeast
- A videotape copy of 12 Monkeys
- Books, especially anything by Pratchett, Vonnegut, or Doc Smith. The
new Tim Powers or Bill Gibson. Have been looking for the
third book in P.C. Hodgell's Godstalk trilogy, but it was only
available in limited editions.